Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oat Wheat Pancakes

I got this recipe from my friend Shalise who made these for a General Conference brunch one year. Oh.My.Gosh. So delicious. And I keep telling myself they have to be at least a little healthy, right? I mean- wheat flour? Whole oats? Its just that darn syrup I drown them in that makes them so unhealthy!

3/4 c. oats
1.5 c. buttermilk 
3/4 c. wheat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 beaten egg
 2 TB melted butter
1 T. brown sugar

Soak the oats in buttermilk for 20 or so minutes. Beat eggs and add the buttermilk and oats. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Spoon batter onto a heated griddle and cook as you would any other pancake batter. 

Tastes great with buttermilk syrup. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment