Thursday, March 3, 2011

Buttermilk Syrup

Try this on some Oat Wheat Pancakes. You can thank me later. And then I'll pass your thanks on to my friend Diana and her mom. I got the recipe from them Ü

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp dark Karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla

In a large sauce pan, simmer all ingredients, except vanilla, until sugar dissolves. Syrup will foam a lot. Watch it to be sure it doesn't spill over. (That will make a big sticky mess!) Remove from heat and add vanilla. Leftovers keep well in the pantry and will not crystallize.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I need to make some more! I am almost out...and that would be a shame to be totally out! Glad you like it too!
    I didn't know about this blog! It's great! I scrolled through and saw several recipes I want to try!

    ReplyDelete